RSS

Update to Support Kindle Fire 6.3

03 Apr

Version 0.6 is availibale in the downloads section.

• The Kindle Fire tools:

Has been tested and working on version’s 6.2.2 and 6.3

• The Galaxy Nexus Tools:

Has been tested and working on version 0.4.3+

• The Galaxy Note Tools:

Needs to be tested more. It will only work with some Galaxy Note’s just test it. It shouldn’t hurt even if it doesn’t work.

• psneuter Root Exploit:

Please google it to see if your phone can be rooted with this method.

• GingerBreak Root Exploit:

Please google it to see if your phone can be rooted with this method.

• Root Multiple Devices (zergRush Exploit):

Should work with many phones. Basically any phone that can be rooted with the zergRush exploit. There is a long list in the Root Multiple Devices Readme in the app. Please try it if you are brave enough. I don’t think it can hurt your phone it just may not work.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. newbie001

April 8, 2012 at 7:50 am

KindleFire with 6.3
    OSX 10.7.3
    Chrome Browser

First Android Root.

Success without many bumps in the road.

Thank you.

2. Rosario Mena

April 10, 2012 at 2:44 am

Hi, I will root my new Kindle Fire, but I have one question. When you say “You will have to turn your Kindle off and back on a few times in the process.”… are you talking about shutting down?? (keeping pushed the power on/off button) or just pressing quickly the power on/off button??

• admin

April 11, 2012 at 3:54 am

Full shut down. e.g. holding the power button until the Kindle turns all the way off and the turning it back on.

3. Per

April 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I started the automatic root for Kindle Fire, but it got stuck on the yellow triangle with the “fire” inside. Option 7 does not work, the power button hold for 20 sec turns off the system, but when turing back on it’s back to the yellow triangle. Hints?

• admin

April 15, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Do the manual steps and start at 3

• kindlefirehelp

April 15, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I believe with Kindle Water you plug in Kindle Fire, hit disconnect, then start the rooting process. Is it that same process or do I just plug in my Kindle Fire and start Break Droid?

Thanks.

• admin

April 17, 2012 at 5:41 am

That is the old root method. Plug the Kindle in and start BreakDroid then choose auto root or do the steps one at a time. One at a time is safer. The app will provide directions as it goes.

4. panda

April 20, 2012 at 10:01 am

During the boot my kindle fire got frozen whilst turning back on. it is frozen and my mac doesnt recognize it. Is there anyway to fix this?

• admin

April 20, 2012 at 6:29 pm

What screen is it frozen on? If you can message me on twitter for faster response. @northmendo on twitter

• kindlefirehelp

April 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Looks like I am having the same issue? I am doing manual. Just finished step 2 and I just have the “kindle fire” as if start up.

5. jstewart

April 27, 2012 at 6:33 am

I know this may sound like a crazy question… I am not sure how to unroot after successfully rooting my Kindle Fire 6.3 with breakdroid. Is there instructions listed somewhere I could follow to unroot my device? Thanks

• admin

April 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm

The link below is the cleanest way to do it.

• blues222

May 4, 2012 at 4:38 am

i tried doing this and it has not worked. I really just want to unroot. the xda website has not worked. I will donate $50. if you can just help me!! I tried all the steps and some thing is not working. I did a factory restore and still not working. Can you please just give me step by step assistance?

6. elgoog123

May 4, 2012 at 2:11 am

Does this root work on 3.1 firmware on kindle fire?

• admin

May 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I am not aware of a 3.1 firmware. It should work on any firmware for the Fire to date though.

• elgoog123

May 4, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Sorry I meant the 6.3.1 firmware that just came out a day or two ago.

• Fuzz Martin

May 6, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I don’t believe it does. After rebooting and the firmware downloading, my KF keeps shutting down and going into recovery. I get the droid with the exclamation point.

• admin

May 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm

If you are getting in to recovery it worked. If you can’t get out or past recovey I can help let me know.